Week 3 mid-point reflection
This is now my 3rd week of attempting to recycle regularly .... I am failing at the this majorly. There's a huge difference between wanting to complete something and actually completing it, it's something called procrastination. Just constantly forgetting or saying oh too late now I'll have to remember to do it tomorrow. But the idea of creating a new habit to reduce my environmental impact has not yet stuck with me. I was consistent for a week tops.
After reading the article it explains to me why I have been had for me to grasp onto my personal impact habit I claimed I was going to do. And even the forgetting that this is a project that I was going to do. This article makes me want to continue on with the project just to prove that I can do it consistently within 21 days. "On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact. And how long it takes a new habit to form can vary widely depending on the behavior, the person, and the circumstances. In Lally's study, it took anywhere from 18 days to 254 days for people to form a new habit."(1) From this, it should let people know that nothing is impossible if you want to do something that betters yourself or the world you can do it.
Citations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BKF8f_-HXrLnVvWLN72AAbwHM5eTivL0AqfLE1xsx68/edit
After reading the article it explains to me why I have been had for me to grasp onto my personal impact habit I claimed I was going to do. And even the forgetting that this is a project that I was going to do. This article makes me want to continue on with the project just to prove that I can do it consistently within 21 days. "On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact. And how long it takes a new habit to form can vary widely depending on the behavior, the person, and the circumstances. In Lally's study, it took anywhere from 18 days to 254 days for people to form a new habit."(1) From this, it should let people know that nothing is impossible if you want to do something that betters yourself or the world you can do it.
Citations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BKF8f_-HXrLnVvWLN72AAbwHM5eTivL0AqfLE1xsx68/edit
I like how you used accurate numbers for our blog post. Add more ways you can accomplish your goal.
ReplyDeleteI agree that there is a HUGE difference between wanting to do something and actually doing it. I really liked that you were able to read the article and take away some really interesting facts that were able to motivate you to contribute to the health of the earth again instead of procrastinating.
ReplyDeleteRecycling is a lot like my project where I'm trying to cut of the use of plastic bottles but forgetting that this is a project and the whole " too late now" thing makes it difficult
ReplyDeleteThe thing about recycling is just putting it in the right place if you have a special place for specific waste like plastic, cardboard, and cans you just need to put it in the right bin. this is done in many places even at school where the have bins for different waste.
ReplyDeleteYou're connection to the different bins at school, is kind of where recycling all starts you know ever since elementary a lot of us have been taught how to recycle properly. This is something that i might add into my presentation.
DeleteI notice that even thought there is a law in Seattle that incentivizes recycling, not everyone follows it.
ReplyDeletewhat actions will you take to make your habit more pertinent.
ReplyDelete