How was your first week of recycling?

You ever think about maybe I should actually do the thing i said i was going to do and the end up not accomplishing it? Yeah me too. But that doesn't mean I don't have a plan... The goal is that my household will get in the norm of recycling correctly. 
“The U.S. is the king of trash, producing a world-leading 250 million tons a year—roughly 4.4 pounds of trash per person per day.” (1) With this in mind i will help reduce waste by recycling, composting and trashing. Recycling correctly can produce GHG emissions and when it goes into an incinerator it will release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.And it will help save 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space. (2) "reduce the harmful impact of human activities on the environment and reduce consumption of natural resources." (3) Also by recycling and composting everyday it's reducing food from decomposing in landfills. (4)


References:

     3.http://www.erdas.co.uk/

4. https://www.washington.edu/news/2015/12/16/composting-food-waste-remains-your-best-option-says-uw-study/

Comments

  1. I love the resources you mentioned, I think you will like this resource about why COMPOSTING is really good for the planet: LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree i like the resources mentioned and i like the stats mentioned, also explaining why composting is important for earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were there times when you forget that your starting to recycle and you just toss your recyclable waste in other bins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In what ways do you plan on getting your family to recycle? What we do in my family is keep a recycling and compost bin near the trash so it makes it easier to recycle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 mid-point reflection